Monday, March 3, 2014

Dante's Inferno Presentations

When we first started the presentations I found the connection with the sin committed and punishment placed upon the person in hell very interesting. For example the people who overindulged now had to live in the excess of their waste that they have created over the span of their lives. Viewing all of the presentations so far has been very interesting. The most interesting aspect of the presentations I think has been the reaction slides. This is mostly because everyone has a different view on their canto and interprets the information differently. The visual was also interesting to see because every person designated a different meaning to their creation, whether it be an object or drawing/painting. The visual that I thought was most meaningful so far was the shopping mall interpretation. Where each level of the mall symbolized a different part of canto 11, this visual was created by Katherine. It was an interesting modern twist on an ancient concept.

I thought all of the presentations thus far have been very interesting, but the one that I remembered the most was canto 16 that Ian presented. I was amazed by the creativity that he put into his project. The video that he made was so original and nothing like I had seen in a presentation before. It most of all caught my attention and left me thinking about the real meaning behind the lines in his canto. When he attached the pictures to each verse in the canto I could really visualize all of the terrible things happening in the scene. So major props to him for totally killing that project.
This picture is from canto 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment