Monday, September 30, 2013

Hero Posters

My group choose Pi to reflect on his hero journey in the Life of Pi. In the life of Pi, Pi made a unique journey, it showed his mental and physical toughness. At first I wasn't completely sure about choosing Life of Pi though as I began watching the movie I realised the many parallels to the heroes journey incorporated into the story line. At the end of the movie Pi finally moves on from the adventure and is living his own independent life. I look up to Pi because he did something I couldn't have ever thought to do. He proved himself to be an driven self-supported individual, where in India he was constrained by the rules and regulations of his parents and people around him. During his adventure he was forced to be his own person and make his own life changing decisions instead of relying on others to support him. His actions really spoke to me and that's why I feel like our project worked so well. I especially liked the visual aspect of our poster, I thought it was very unique. Everyone in our group had their own part in the creation of the poster, and I feel like everyone participated equally for the most part. I also enjoyed others posters as well both the visual aspects and the actual presentation.

In the Rapunzel poster I really liked the lettering and visual effects. I especially liked the lock of Rapunzels long hair on the side of the poster, I thought that was very unique and different and it really drew my eye. I also liked how they presented their poster, I could easily follow the story line and everyone seemed to contribute equally to the presentation. I also liked the Nightmare Before Christmas poster with Jack Skeleton as the hero. The drawings on the poster were very nicely done and well thought out. Also the presentation was very interesting and it made me want to watch the movie again. The heroes journey that they described in their presentation wasn't the likely journey that I would have thought of, though I thought that their perspective was very analytical and they really touched base with all parts of the story. They gave great detail, and really showed their knowledge of the story. Overall, the posters that were presented were all unique in their own way and they all showed me a different perspective of the heroes journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment