Monday, February 17, 2014

HELL Reflection

At first I was skeptical about creating my own "personal hell", mostly because it is such a dark subject, and I usually try to avoid thinking about death and the after life. Though as I began writing I began to realize the underlying meaning to the assignment. The prompts got me thinking about who "deserves" to go to hell. It is really hard to decide who really deserves the grueling punishment of hell. I came to the conclusion that everyone has done something bad in life, whether they want to admit it or not. So in my hell, everyone would have to prove themselves in some way before they go to hell or to heaven. This would show their true colors, and make it easier to decide who would go to hell.
This topic leads us into our next section of Dante's Inferno. I do not know much about this book. I know from previous discussion that Inferno is Italian for hell. I also know that it is a epic poem about Dante's journey through hell.  It will be interesting to see what others interpret as hell, though I can already tell that this will be a very deep read.
The Map of Hell By Botticelli

No comments:

Post a Comment